According to Cooperative Approach for the Implementation of the CICA CBMs, Member States have specified the following priorities for cooperation in human dimension:
- Promotion of dialogue among civilizations, cultures and religions; while taking into consideration the views and recommendations stated in the report of the UN High Level Group of “Alliance of Civilizations” on November 13th, 2006.
- Encouragement of national information agencies and mass-media for the promotion of CBMs in all agreed dimensions of CICA.
- Promoting cultural exchange and cooperation through cultural activities and promotion of awareness and dissemination of information on peoples and different cultures in the CICA area with a view to encouraging tolerance and understanding.
- Promoting people-to-people contacts including exchanges among scientific, educational and sports institutions, as well as non-governmental organizations; and developing projects concerning, inter alia, scientific cooperation, exchange of students and joint events.
- Organization of joint archeological expeditions for unearthing the common cultural heritage.
- Promotion of respect for fundamental rights and freedoms.
Co-coordinator: China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan