CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
“Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media” Contest
We are pleased to announce the start of accepting applications for the 8th contest for foreign journalists writing/filming materials about Kazakhstan titled «Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media”. The competition is initiated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan in partnership with Kazakhstan’s Chief Editors’ Club, Kazakh Tourism National Company JSC and Secretariat of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA).
The contest «Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media» has a rather long history: since 2014, the jury has been selecting text and video materials by foreign authors who most creatively, reliably and objectively cover various aspects of Kazakh reality. Just like in the previous years, in addition to professional journalists, the works of bloggers posted both in the media outlets and in their personal accounts on social networks can be considered in the competition.
Apart from the main nominations, this year there is a new nomination from CICA, within which one winner will be determined for work on the topic «CICA: A New Asia in a New World».
Applications with works about Kazakhstan, which were posted in foreign media or on social networks in the period from July 15, 2022 to July 15, 2023, are accepted for participation in the contest.
The winners of the competition will be determined by the jury, which includes Deputy Foreign Minister of Kazakhstan Roman Vassilenko, President of Kazakhstan’s Chief Editors’ Club Bibigul Zheksenbai, Chairman of the Management Board of Kazakh Tourism Company Talgat Amanbayev, as well as Expert in the CICA Military-Political Dimension Ambassador Doulat Kuanyshev.
According to the results of the competition, five winners from five geographical areas will be determined: North and South America; Europe; CIS countries; Middle East & Africa; Asia-Pacific region and two laureates in the nominations on tourism and CICA.
The winners will be awarded with a trip to Kazakhstan with a visit to the cities of Astana, Almaty and the Mangystau region, where they will have a rich cultural program.
In addition, according to the established tradition, meetings with representatives of the public sector, experts and journalists, scientists and cultural figures of Kazakhstan will be organized especially for the laureates of the competition.
All works must be sent no later than 15 July 2023 via e-mail email@example.com
The results of the competition are scheduled to be announced by August 1, 2023.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +77172720987
“Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media” Contest Rules "
- Citizens of all countries (excluding Kazakhstan) are invited to participate in the contest;
- Participants can be staff and freelance representatives of print and online media, as well as bloggers;
- To participate in the contest, it is necessary to post either an article of 300 to 3000 words / a television or radio report, a podcast, or a post in social media lasting from 1 to 60 minutes, in foreign media or social media between July 15, 2022, and July 15, 2023; " If the language of the material is not Kazakh, Russian, or English, it is necessary to include a translation in these languages;
- Completed applications together with the materials and the translation (if required) should be sent to email@example.com;
- Topics of work should cover one or more of the following areas in relation to Kazakhstan: economy and trade, culture and traditions, history, tourism, modern society, education, science, sports or CICA theme;
- Applications must be submitted no later than July 15, 2023;
- Five winners will be selected by a panel, one from the following regions: – North and South America; – Europe; – CIS countries; – Middle East and Africa; – Asia-Pacific region;
- One winner in a separate category for tourism and one winner in the CICA nomination on the theme "CICA: A New Asia in a New World" will be selected from any region;
- The results of the contest will be announced by August 1, 2023;
- The winners will be awarded a trip to Kazakhstan. The organizers will cover the cost of an economy class flight, hotel accommodation and local transportation, a cultural program in Kazakhstan, as well as daily expenses.